is always a hot topic.
Even now that the holiday are over, several clients have mentioned that they are feeling tense, on edge and still not relaxed. So I thought I would offer a few of the stress busters that I bring to my workshops.
1. Lavender or vanilla can be incredibly relaxing scents. Keep a small container of an essential oil in your purse or desk drawer.
2. Change it up! Sometimes the Feng Shui – the natural flow of energy can be off. Find stress relief in moving the furnature, try facing a different direction. Add a plant or mirror. Go sit in a different area for a bit. The art of Fen Shui is ancient and serious – but even a small shift can start to make you feel better.
3. Chocolate – yes there is a reason you crave it! It actually will help you feel better. Especially dark chocolate.
4. Get a balloon ( not blown up yet) and when you feel stressed think of all the things that stress you. With each thought blow into the balloon. Fill it up! Then let the balloon go. Allow yourself to release the stresses as the balloon releases the air.
Send a Video – it might become one of the Funny ones we can highlight. Hysterical stress relief videos!
5. Laughter! Did you know how relaxing it is to let out a good belly laugh?
I make an effort to redirect my negative thoughts. I tell my clients one trick is to mentally say STOP. Check yourself. Don’t allow the negative stream to continue.
On occasion there are a lot of stops. I am sure my mind would look like a lurching car. Stop -Go-Stop-Go…and so on. But in the end using this technique and others – I am able to maintain an aura of calm and patience. I breathe, smile and move forward in a way that others remark on.
The thing is this isn’t a feat unique to me. It is something that you can do to! Many of my clients ask for tools that fit their individual lives. I find that once they begin to practice these – they work!
It is when the stress and scary thoughts are laid to rest that you find the ability to grow, to enjoy and to allow joy in. It is amazing how the empty cracks are filled with happiness and self esteem. It is what I love about coaching! Watching this shift.
Wow!! What a tough one to follow. Lately it seems that people are grumpier. Perhaps it is the economy, perhaps the pending winter or perhaps it is fall out from the cosmic shifting that is currently going on around us! What ever it is you, and I, are caught in the crossfire more often than we have ever been before.
Well don’t let it bother you! Of course this is easier said than done. But I have a few tips and am ready to help you through. One that I frequently share with my coaching clients is deep belly breathing. As babies we sould breathe deeply and calmly into our bellies. Imagine watching a baby how their little tummies go up and down. That is relaxed breathing. It generates chemicals in your brain that calm and nurture your soul.
When affronted, take this quick tip and breathe into your belly. It works best if you have practiced. You can do this any where and anytime. While driving, deep soothing breaths. When the boss comes in, deep belly breathes. In slowly and out slowly. Slow your talk, slow your breathing, slow your movement. (but stay alert).
If you need help setting practice times or going beyond this technique with other effective ones contact me for a quick detox session.
It is so easy to get side tracked! People, things, the internet all pull on your time. It is essential to remember yourself. Set a few moments during the day to just relax and focus on yourself.
Wake up a few minutes early and do a few stretches. Enjoy your morning beverage in silence. Try to let thoughts drift away. For a few moments you are only being.
Ignore the dishes, don’t worry about the to-do list or what you are going to wear… let it all go… breathe… smile…sip.
The vacation feeling of nothing to do.
Enjoy the moment. Savor it. Allow it to linger. You are worth it.
Be in the now as you move forward; making breakfast, eating, helping others get ready for the day. Stay in the moment of peace as long as you can. Each tak allow it to go as long as it can. No need to take note or to see what days are better. they are all good. You are good…enjoy…